Iris Energy is currently seeking an embedded Linux developer for critical R&D projects. We are a leading designer, builder and operator of prefabricated modular data centers for high performance computing. The site has a factory, office and data center farm with room for 10 three megawatt data centers known as MegaPods. Two MegaPods have been completed and the third is under way.
Iris Energy employs system architects, engineers, fabricators, electricians, investment bankers and is guided by experienced entrepreneurs who have built successful cloud, data center, power infrastructure and industrial companies.
This is a full-time permanent position on location in Canal Flats B.C. This Tech Mountain Village is located beside beautiful Columbia Lake along side the Canadian Rocky Mountains and there are a large number of excellent homes available ranging in price from $160,000 (newer four bedroom townhouses) to a $800,000 luxury home near the lake. The Village has excellent Internet and the Iris Energy site is connected by fiber optics with 1Gbps capacity.
- Development, design and test Linux device drivers and applications
- Produce and maintain documentation, source code using a VCS
- Perform PCB assembly, prototype construction, electronics hardware assembly
- Perform printed circuit board level repair
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering / electronics engineering or related discipline or an equivalent proven history of embedded systems engineering
- 5+ years experience in embedded systems design
- 5+ years experience in electronics design
- Experience in board level repair / assembly with hand tools
The ideal candidate:
- Can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Should be disciplined in managing time
- Should have a meticulous attention to detail
- Can demonstrate high acuity in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Experience working with GIT version control system
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining our team, please apply on our company site and submit a resume with a cover letter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in Iris Energy