Welcome to the PodTech Factory
The PodTech PFM (Prefabricated Modular) data center factory is located in Canal Flats, British Columbia and sits on over 60 acres of privately held land. The Pod factory was established in early 2018 having been converted from a lumber sorter building as a part of the previous sawmill that operated on this site until late 2015.
PodTech Factory Facts
– The Factory is just over 600′ long
– There are three overhead cranes. 2x 10 Ton and 1x 20 Ton
– Crews are able to manufacture two MegaPods at a time.
– No down time incidents reported to date.
– CAD Designers
– Engineers in training
– Fiber Specialists
– Network Technician
– Support staff
– Factory operations are capable of 24/7/365 operations
– Non weather dependant
– Adaptable construction processes
– Seasoned laborers
We design, build and operate the world’s most Innovative edge compute Infrastructure
Design | Build | Operate
20+ years of Hyperscale Data Center design build and operation experience.
Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Certified (meets all Canadian regulations)
- Dedicated 3MW per MegaPod.
- Each Server Pod can support up to 450 KVA of server load.
- CSA Certified.
- Power Use Effectiveness (PUE) 1.1. (Engineered)
- Green power from British Columbia = 12.90 gCO2eq/kWh.
- Custom built to your needs and your server.
- Eg. Each Server Pod will accommodate up to 324 – S9 type miner rigs.
- An entire MegaPod will support up to 1,620 – S9 type servers.
- Our custom server calculator provides quick capacity validation based on the parameters of the server you choose.
- Check out our custom mining server calculator here coming soon.
- Each pod has a dedicated cooling system. Cooling vents in the floor deliver air in the cold aisle and exhaust at top of the hot aisle.
- High velocity air handler delivers the conditioned air to each server pod.
- Each pod has high velocity exhaust fans. Hot air is mixed with cold air to ensure temps stay within server specs.
Long Term Vision
PodTech is presently located in Canal Flats, British Columbia. As a part of the Columbia Lake Technology Center.
Presently manufacturing MegaPods, the Pod Factory and team are capable of much more. Pods for Edge Compute, including multiple size PFM (prefabricated Modular) Data centers, Modular housing and remote UAV / drone deployment facilities are all part of a sustainable long term future for this unique facility in the heart of rural BC.
Read more about Canal Flats here: https://podtech.co/services/site-1-canal-flats-2-3/